Do you want to join a program committed and actively working towards Truth and Reconciliation?
Do you want to become…
- A Contributor to an eco-friendly and sustainable world?
- An Advocate for inclusiveness and diversity?
- A Confident change-maker working towards a better Canada?
The Katimavik National Experience challenges youth to make a positive impact in the communities while also developing a vast set of skills and competencies.
- Volunteering 30 hours a week at local non-profit organizations;
- Engaging in meaningful Truth and Reconciliation initiatives;
- Local Reconciliation Projects
- Safe and Supportive Learning Experience
- Learn from and work alongside Indigenous Peoples in the communities hosting a Katimavik project
- Experiential learning and discovery
- Team building and collaboration;
- Designing and implementing community projects;
- Managing all aspects of the Katimavik house.
- 17 – 25 years old?
- A resident or citizen of Canada?
- Motivated to learn new skills?
- Ready to meet the challenges of group living be a team player?
- Prepared to volunteer and participate in group activities?
- Feel able to fully commit to an immersive full-time program and be willing to work on your personal autonomy?
How is the program funded and how much does it cost?
Katimavik is grateful for funding provided by the Government of Canada through its Canada Service Corps initiative.
All expenses related to participation in the program are covered, including transportation to and from the communities, group activities, housing, and meals.
How do I apply?
Applications will be opening soon! If you would like more information about the application process, please email email@example.com
FuturePerfect by Katimavik
FuturePerfect by Katimavik is a brand new program that offers youth across Canada work and learning experiences that develop essential career competencies.
FuturePerfect enables young people to develop professional skills through a week-long training program and by guaranteeing full-time work with a selected pool of employers eager to offer youth opportunities to attain their professional aspirations.
While addressing the skill-gap challenges among young job seekers, FuturePerfect creates equal and inclusive opportunities for Canadian youth.
FuturePerfect by Katimavik is funded by the Government of Canada under Youth Employment and Skills Strategy Program.
This opportunity includes:
- 10 to 12 weeks of paid full-time work with a possibility of extension;
- an opportunity to live in a new city, in a new place with some new friends (rent is covered);
- support and guidance on launching your new professional life
The project is open to job seekers, students taking a year off, recent graduates, newcomers, previous Katimavik participants, and young people looking to kick-start their work life!
Why choose FuturePerfect?
FuturePerfect is a new 14-week employment training program for those looking to set the groundwork for their professional careers.
FuturePerfect matches youth from across Canada with real employers in host communities for 3 months of living, learning, and full-time working! Jump-start your professional aspirations, travel, and get support from amazing people along the way.
How do I apply?
Apply and be matched with an employer for a paid full-time job for 10 to 12 weeks, live a group experience, and get support to develop your career skills.
To be eligible, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or landed refugee. You must be between 18 and 30 years old at the start of the program.
Katimavik is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse, respectful environment and encourages applications from young adults of all backgrounds, genders, religions, and cultures. The National Experience aims to prepare youth for future employment opportunities and/or post-secondary learning. Previous work experience or studies is not required.
Watch our video – “Be the Change”